I thought I’d put a twist on this. I texted my husband earlier today and asked him what my bad habits were. He labeled them top 5 then gave me a top 10. I chose the top 5 and one from the last 5 to share with you. It seems that we do see eye to eye on some things. 🙂
From my husband:
- Stressing over things you CANNOT control.
- Doing social media during family time or while on dates.
- Cracking your knuckles and back.
- Cursing around your kids.
- Leaving your coffee cup in the car.
- Being strictly bound to a schedule.
- Stressing – in general. Okay, I’m a major control freak and I stress about a lot of things. I stress about things that are clearly out of my control and it makes me a basket case! Ugh. It’s in my nature and I want to fix everything in a timely fashion. Stressing is my MO. Thank goodness for my husband’s big heart and shit ton of patience, he’s able to put me in check– most of the time.
- Instagram – I can’t quit it. I’ve tried time and time again to take breaks by disabling my accounts but I don’t last longer than a few days. I don’t know what is so satisfying about the mundane scrolling but I just can’t. I don’t compare myself or family to others but I am super nosey and like to just see what is going on. I’ve also started to use IG for a search engine.. So I’m just screwed. It’s become such an addiction, it’s one of my first checks in the morning and last before I go to bed.
- Cursing all the time. I’ve had the worst mouth. I mean I was the girl that wore a Fucker hat to Disneyland when I was 16 on a family trip. (Gosh, I was the worst and also, where is that hat???) I can’t even control what comes out of my mouth as a result, my kids have the worst language. Zoe is the one who tries to keep me in line while Travis is dropping F-bombs and Nat either joins or eye rolls me.
- Cracking my knuckles, toes, hips, back, neck… Whatever can pop, I’ll do it. I can remember when I first started. My Dad used to crack his knuckles, but since then has stopped, but I was so fascinated by the popping sound. I later found out what a relief it was to have everything just pop. I sure do miss sitting in desks at school and being able to push back against the chair and crack my back. I’ve watched a ton of YouTube videos of the best back cracks and every night Zoe walks on my back. 🙂
Somethings I swear I’ll never change but I could work on a few. What can I say, bad habits die hard.