So back in April of 2016 when Natalie was 6 and Zoe 4.5 years old, there was a Facebook post floating around with a bunch of questions to ask your kids. I asked the girls without promting and this is what they came up with:
WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think.
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Z: snacks are not good for you
N: listen on the first try
2. What makes mom happy?
Z: when you don’t share something that makes mom angry. When you share something with my moms it really makes her happy
N: when you listen on the first try
3. What makes mom sad?
Z: when you don’t eat breakfast
N: when you don’t listen on the first try and you’re a bucket dipper.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Z: you play jokes on each other
N: makes funny face
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Z: I just want to eat another hotdog.
N: a baby
6. How old is your mom?
N: I do not know
7. How tall is your mom?
Z- this tall
N: she is shorter than dad
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Z: she is a grown up
N: sleep and drink coffee and snore all day.
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
N: be sad.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
N: for feeding brother in public
11. What is your mom really good at?
Z: cleaning up the plates, playing hubaloo and cleaning play-doh
N: making coffee for her dad.. The dad that she married.
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Z: I say rah to lad.
N: when we were in the car you didn’t rock brother.
13. What does your mom do for a job?
Z: computer and do things for school
N: clean up our messes.
14.What is your mom’s favorite food?
Z: tortilla soup
N: sushi and fish
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Z: play in the park
N: doing laundry
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be?
N: Barbie –
17. What do you and your mom do together?
N: hang out without Zoe
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Z: like this. ( leans in)
N: bc we both have brown eyes
19. How are you and your mom different?
Z: we’re the same
N: bc you have boobs and I have nipples
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Z bc I love you a lot
N: bc she birthed me.. Actually, she gave birth to me in a water cup .. Belly.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Z: because you married daddy
N: because he does not take a shower.. He wastes the water. / preface from dad./ oh, because she wants to kiss him every single day
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
Z : Disneyland
N: to lay in bed.
23. How old was your Mom when you were born?
N: she was really shorter than dad. She did not have glasses.
See their answers from today under the WATCH section. They’re dishing the dirty on me, and I’m not quite sure how I feel about that.